View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 04:20 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Not after the Whitehouse snub. Ownership was pretty pissed and a few of his teammates made comments anonymously about him.
Can you show me these anonymous comments? All I remember hearing from the players was Steven Kampfer supporting Thomas for exercising his right.

Also this:

Quote:
The GM said that he could have mandated Thomas attend the event, but chose not to. "I can require someone to attend a team event. If they don't, I can suspend him. But I'm not going to suspend Tim. Whatever his position is isn't representative of the Boston Bruins or my own. But I'm not going to suspend him."

Bruins team president Cam Neely said the decision was Thomas' and the team honored his choice.
"Everybody has their own opinions and political beliefs. He chose not to join us," said Neely. "We certainly would have liked to have him come and join us but that's his choice. All the guys came except for Tim. It's his decision and his choice."
They knew in advance that Thomas wouldn't be attending, and they supported his right to make that decision. There were no problems between Thomas and the organization until he decided to take a year off (to my recollection).

Do you have any quotes to the contrary?

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote