View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Coppy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Why would them two be coming off? You're adding on to their salaries which should be in millions for a raise.

With Timonen ($6M), Mez ($4M), Gervais ($825K), & Bourdon ($612.5K). That's $11,437,500M coming off total between those four.
It all equals the same answer, just with different numbers. I took the total salary coming off the books, and then estimated the total that would be going back on. Your taking the players we won't resign, and then estimating the raises the of the players we will.

So

Giroux 7.5-8
Read 3-3.5
Schenn 3.5
Couts 2

Or

Giroux 3.75-4.25
Read 2.1-2.6
Schenn .4
Couts .625

Either way, is the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You also have to factor Steve Mason in. He's a bit of wildcard right now that could go either way but if he has a good season he'll be looking for a raise too.
Yeah, its possible Mason gets a big raise if he performs well. But if that happens, then there is really no way Bryz would still be on this team after. He either gets bought out this year or next. That's another 5.6 off the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers
Read could easily get more that. I think that is a good ballpark, but if he tops 50 points this season I think that number goes more to $4-$4.5 (unless he simply wants to stay in Philly and takes a discount). If he puts up 50+ points he may be one of the most sought after UFAs the next offseason outside of the obvious big name guys (should they make it).
He could get more than that. Though I think if he does resign here, Homer would get the deal done before during the season. If that happens, his contract would likely be based more off what he'd done in past seasons versus what he was doing that season.

I'd have to do more precise math, but the Flyers should still be able to fit Read in at 4.5. If not, you can always deal someone like Talbot to make space. Really, it depends on what the cap will be after next season. Or they can let him walk. I like Read, but him at anything more than 4.5 is really an over-payment.