View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
The following is a spreadsheet showing all centers who played >20 games this season with an offensive zone start within 10% of boyle (34.4 to 42.2 or so). I added a custom category at the end offensive zone finish/offensive zone start. Boyle is basically right in the middle and is average (average is 1.18 here, median 1.19) so this "skill" Boyle has of advancing the puck out of the zone is not really a skill but mainly just "if you start in the D-Zone so often it is likely you will advance the puck up into the offensive zone". As in, consider the place where a player had 0% O-Zone starts obviously you would expect him not to have 0% O-Zone finishes. The more you start out on defense the better your ratio of change will look (that's why I only took players within 10% of him.).

So essentially take any Center, put him in Boyles role with that many O-Zone starts and you're going to get similar results with O-Zone finished.

Wow Kruger is even better than I thought he was. No wonder Chicago is an elite defensive team. Modern day Samuel Pahlsson for sure.