View Single Post
Old
10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I don't really understand why any of those guys (except Leetch) would be considered to be available? The Flames need Bonk and Perezhogin? The Blues are scrapping their season already with their blueline already thinned by injuries? Looks to me like somebody just ran their finger down the list of impending UFAs. We can't get Hamrlik or Brewer right now any more than prospective teams who come knocking on our door are likely to walk away with Markov, Souray, or Rivet.

As for Morris... perchance the Coyotes are thinking that they signed him for too much? Maybe so. Doesn't mean we could afford to pay him $3.9M either, though, especially if we were giving up Perez and Kost for him. There is this thing called a salary cap, see...

And Leetch... I'm as sure as anybody in a cushy armchair can be that he's not going to come and play in Montreal, no matter whether we think he'd be an upgrade on Streit or not. (Which IMO is debateable).

Bottom line... we now have 8 legit NHL defensemen, and now we even have a trio of experienced recall options in the AHL (Jancevski, Traverse, Cote). If two of the top-8 are injured and one of the recall trio, well it still leaves us with 6 plus two emergency options. Hardly seems like a cause to go thinking of any D trades, IMO. We'll get our fill of playing guessing games with our D come summer time, no need to accelerate the program.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote