View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
I'd rather have the 11th pick and Coots, too, but what on earth makes you believe Zadorov is on that level?
First, let me preface by saying that I don't think what I am about to say will actually happen, but I understand the premise. Zadarov is a huge, physical, fluid-skating defenseman. I already like his defensive play as much or more than Jones because of the physical element that is currently non-existent with Jones. He has essentially 0 edge to his game at this stage and that's rarely something that develops.

Where Zadorov loses huge to Jones is in offensive production, but unlike where Jones completely lacks edge, Zadorov has offensive tools. He can carry a puck and make big man moves*. His shot has strength, but needs development.

At the end of the day, Zadorov would take A LOT of development to surpass Jones, but he has the physical (and based on reports, mental) acumen to get there. Those who think he develops into a 30+ point defenseman just think that he'll make that development (like a Chara, Rob Blake, Pronger, etc). Those that don't still view him as a Coburn type defenseman.

For Jones, development puts the sky as the limit.... lack of development probably equates to a JayBo type player.

*see Charo spinorama goal, which was really only impressive in that it came from a man of his size.