View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 09:52 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count of DannyKristo View Post
Dillon Heatherington is a guy I wouldn't mind at 34/36, provided our other two early picks are forwards. Some would consider it a little high, but these pre-draft rankings go out the window the day after the draft. Heatherington and Madison Bowey are guys that interest me early (provided the likes of Morin and Mueller are gone at 25). I don't really like what I read about McCoshen from the poster who has seen him the most. Does not like him AT ALL.

Heatherington has size and skates well, plays a physical game and (while I did not see it) by all accounts had a strong U-18 for Canada. He will be a real asset on a second pairing if things go well with his development. Just finished watching his four fights on hockeyfights and he fared quite well in them. He may not have much offense but he seems like a super steady player who makes a good pass and has a physical game, the type of guy you need in those pressure packed moments in the playoffs. Beaulieu/Tinordi/Heatherington as LD prospects looks pretty good to me.
This guy was talked as a mid 3rd round before the U-18. I like him, but not before #55.