View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I still think the only player in this draft that will come close or might even be better than Seth jones is Nurse. All of the other defenders are going to most likely be solid contributors in the NHL, but Nurse has the ability to be a great two way threat. Kid can skate, defend, hit, is nasty, has character. His only downside so far is some proclaim his shot isn't all that great. Well his shot was good enough to get him 12 goals in his second year in the OHL. People are worried about Nurse maybe becoming a Coburn type player, well he matched Coburns goal total in his second year, while Coburn hit that in his 4th full year as an over ager. Next year is absolutely crucial for Nurse, you hope he continues to trend up, and if he does, he will be a major player I feel. Even if he regresses somewhat, he still can make it, but I would be much more concerned about it. I honestly think if the Flyers draft him, he spends next year in juniors and then makes the team in 2014-2015.

I would be happy with any one of the young dman in this years top 40, but Nurse is the one I would gun for. Edmonton I believe is the one team who has the opportunity to steal him away, but if he slips past them, we have a great chance. I would even advocate moving up for him.