View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I'd also consider MDZ for Baertschi, but doubt calgary would go for that.
I doubt it too. He's untouchable I think though. Kid's a pure sniper, I like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
1 dimensional. 1 dimensional bottom-6 players are not good for their role. They need to do multiple things or else the top-6 guys are asked to play too many minutes over a long season.
Yeah..to elaborate, I wouldn't shed any tears if Pyatt wasn't on the team next season. He'd be a nice player to have in the playoffs, is all. Injuries happen, you need depth up and down the line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I just don't see a situation where we can keep Cammalleri beyond the upcoming season. He'll want a retirement contract. No thanks.

Bite the bullet and bring in someone who can be a part of the team beyond next season. Preferably a righty. I still advocate a three-way deal between Winnipeg, St. Louis, and the Rangers. Perron to NYR, MDZ to Winnipeg, Burmistrov to St Louis. Fits the needs of each team. Add pieces to balance.
I wouldn't want Cammy after next year either, which is why I wouldn't give up anything of substantial value for him. He can be looked at if the return market for Del Zotto isn't what management hopes, but only after looking over that option first.

In the deal you proposed, Winnepeg wins big. To be honest, I'd be pretty furious if the Rangers got Perron, whom, while a good player, missed a significant amount of time with a concussion. Who knows if he can regain his form. Del Zotto could get another player back that is as good without the injury rap sheet. If St. Louis wants Del Zotto, I want Tarasenko.