View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I wouldn't want Cammy after next year either, which is why I wouldn't give up anything of substantial value for him. He can be looked at if the return market for Del Zotto isn't what management hopes, but only after looking over that option first.

In the deal you proposed, Winnepeg wins big. To be honest, I'd be pretty furious if the Rangers got Perron, whom, while a good player, missed a significant amount of time with a concussion. Who knows if he can regain his form. Del Zotto could get another player back that is as good without the injury rap sheet. If St. Louis wants Del Zotto, I want Tarasenko.
St. Louis doesn't want Del Zotto, so why would they put Tarasenko in the deal? It's about three teams getting the pieces they want. That deal isn't for those three players straight across. There would be other pieces added to balance it out. The Blues need a center, the Rangers need a scoring winger, and the Jets need a top-4 LHD to slot in behind Enstrom. You're never going to acquire a player if you're afraid of concussions. Tarasenko has already missed 10 games thanks to a concussion.

There's no magic bullet here. The Rangers aren't going to land the perfect player in exchange for Del Zotto. Goligoski got Neal and Niskanen. Neal can't do anything without Malkin feeding him the puck. He was an underachieving scoring winger who rarely used his body in Dallas. Now he has better chemistry with his center and is putting up great numbers. He has warts just like most complimentary forwards.

Perron is signed to a cap friendly deal for a few more years, plays both wings, can score and create plays, and can be a chippy player as well. Del Zotto isn't going to land a perfect piece.