View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
St. Louis doesn't want Del Zotto, so why would they put Tarasenko in the deal? It's about three teams getting the pieces they want. That deal isn't for those three players straight across. There would be other pieces added to balance it out. The Blues need a center, the Rangers need a scoring winger, and the Jets need a top-4 LHD to slot in behind Enstrom. You're never going to acquire a player if you're afraid of concussions. Tarasenko has already missed 10 games thanks to a concussion.

There's no magic bullet here. The Rangers aren't going to land the perfect player in exchange for Del Zotto. Goligoski got Neal and Niskanen. Neal can't do anything without Malkin feeding him the puck. He was an underachieving scoring winger who rarely used his body in Dallas. Now he has better chemistry with his center and is putting up great numbers. He has warts just like most complimentary forwards.

Perron is signed to a cap friendly deal for a few more years, plays both wings, can score and create plays, and can be a chippy player as well. Del Zotto isn't going to land a perfect piece.
I realized my mistake a bit after I hit "submit reply". St. Louis would be getting Burmistrov and not Del Zotto. Regardless, my point on Winnepeg winning that deal big stands. Winnepeg could toss a 2nd or 3rd rounder to us in your proposed deal and I could live with it.

I agree Perron is a nice forward, but going from 21 goals in 58 games in 2012 to only 10 in 48 is a bit alarming as far as goal totals go. A Blues fan's perspective would really help here. Maybe he was used in a 2nd or 3rd line role with only 2nd unit PP time.

If we're getting 30 goal a season Perron I like it, right handed shot to boot. Injuries concern me though as I mentioned. I can live with it more now than I did with my initial knee jerk reaction. I thought he sustained the concussion last year rather than two years ago for some reason. He's proven he can be healthy since then playing all 48 games this past season.