View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I am high on Gus and think he should be in the top six to start the year. I'm not sure that the flyers are as high on him tho. I'm actually kind of surprised that he hasn't been resigned yet. But if they do keep gus and draft ristolainen I could see then pairing him with timonen and trading Mez and one of coburn and grossmann if they get the right deal for them.

Streit-schenn
Timonen-Ristolainen
Gus-coburn/grossmann.

To be honest I could see them starting their draft pick in the NHL this year especially if he is physically mature like zadarov. Not saying I would do it, but wouldn't be surprised if it happened
That's a brutal defense to be honest. Streit can NOT play on the first pairing and as good as Schenn is, he's not good enough yet to cover for Streit. As much as I like Ristolainen and I actually want to take him with the pick if he's available, I think it's a stretch to assume he can step right in and play on the top 4 when he's never even played a game in NA. Which one of those pairings would you feel comfortable throwing out against another team's top line?