View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
There's a lot of names talked about and I'm going to try to spot pick with them.

I know there's interest in the team for Bo Horvat, but this guy will go top 15 and I wouldn't pay the assets to get a guy like him.
Fucale is not a guy I consider unless he has a miracle drop to #55, he won't, because he rightly should be chosen late 1st or early 2nd. Montreal is not the destination for him as much as it pains me to say this about one of the best Mooseheads goalies I've ever seen.
Samuel Morin is a guy who will go top 15 because of his U-18 and the CHARA effect. Again, it's a waste to move up for that guy.
Ryan Pulock will go before our pick and again, the assets to spend to get this guy, who is not at all what we need, is a big NO from me.
Robert Hagg has some tools but whenever I see him, there are huge pieces of his game missing, most notably desire, would not consider before #55.
Heatherington and Santini are two stay at home guys, who again, I don't consider before #55.
Gauthier and Mantha will go in the 1st, I will not consider them there, I only take a flyer if they fall out of the first round.
Shea Theodore and Bigras are two D who will go high and again, I don't consider them before #55.
Finally, there is Diaby. This guy has an intriguing package but I question whether or not he can play the "game" of hockey. I don't take him until our last pick in the 3rd round. He will go before that.
Heatherington is EXTREMELY interesting for me. #55 is too far for my liking as of now. I just love how composed he is for such a young age. Kid might be ready sooner than we think, at least defensively. For me, he has the McDonagh ceiling for his defensive game.

And you know my thinking for Santini and Diaby. As the days progressed, Diaby, for me, is not a top 3 rounder.