Thread: Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Not at all.

The reason people want Dumba on the Wild soon is not because his ability is forcing the Wild's hand, but rather because people want to fill a hole on the blueline. And that is a terrible reason to put a young player onto an NHL team.

I think if you put Dumba on the Wild, he's going to get defensively exposed, which is going to hurt is ice time, which is going to hurt his offensive production, which is going to crush his confidence to the point where he's just going to focus on not making a defense mistake, and then we have another ruined prospect on our hand.

I rather him prove that he can be a true #1 Dman at the junior level. Then, take a year or two to prove that he can be a top-pairing AHL Dman. Then, prove that he can be a top-4 Dman at the NHL level.

I'm in the camp of letting Dumba finish Juniors and then have a year or two in the AHL. His confidence/game tends to depend on his ability to be physically involved. I do not want him to get manhandled or injured at the NHL level and then lose all confidence. Let him fill out, become a force in the AHL while also hopefully learning positioning and the Xs/Os, then bring him up. I see him taking awhile to develop but the patience paying off...

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote