View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 01:13 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah that was my thinking. No offense to the guys at THW, because I do read them on a relatively normal basis and enjoy most of their stuff, but I would be surpised if the author has actually seen enough tape on these guys to really formulate accurate rankings, especially on a top 90 list. I worked for a site like this when I was in college, going back and reading some of my articles makes me laugh now seeing what I wrote and how very unreliable I was. Haha.
I was one of the founding writers for THW back in the day. I left at a time it was hard for me to commit to so much on my plate at the same time, but a number of the guys who I started with are now writing professionally for various papers, news sources, and media outlets; not small ones either.

I also know of Reznik, and I can assure you that he puts as much time and effort into research as any professional.

The problem lies more in the access to information than anything else. Beat writers have access to organizational tools; at least moreso than amateurs. I will say this though. Nobody, not one soul, outside of the organization knows how the team ranks players going into draft day; writers included. They may be able to guess, but their guess is often as founded as any of yours.

All of these lists are pure speculation, but I agree with Reznik on some points; particularly that Morrissey and Ristolainen could very readily go off the board higher than expected. They could easily go higher than guys like Zadorov and Pulock. Nurse could also fall.

These are all things that we have discussed on these boards. It seems odd to discredit him just for thinking the same way that some of us do even if he was bold enough to put in on paper.