View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 01:37 PM
BloFan4Life

vCash: 500
A couple things I have noticed in this thread:

There are multiple ways to build a top team, tanking multiple seasons in the hopes of getting a game changing talent is not the only one and is the least respected one.

Everyone loves to pimp out the talent BS line, but how much top end talent does Boston really have?!?! Chara is a force, but beyond that they have guy that know their roles and play hard. They are talented, but they don't have a top end forward like everyone keeps stressing we need.

This brings me up to a team like Toronto. Toronto took Boston to the brink and should have won that series. This whole notion that just getting in and winning one round is all that you can strive for without top end talent is ludicrous.

I just would rather add to the talent we have. Vanek and Miller want to leave because they know that a rebuild right now is going to take at least 5 years. The young talent we have is decent but they are absolutely not game changers. We aren't drafting any game changer this year and who knows about the next couple years but recent history has shown that even the top end talent isn't going to immediately make you great. A team like Edmonton and Tampa have multiple high picks and where are they?!?

I think a lot of our problems were coaching. I think you could explore some trade avenues, Ryan, Cam, etc., and look at some of the compliance buy outs.

I just see us fading into just a low stretch of irrelevance by completely just tanking.

When it comes down to it, I just don't trust our young players to ever take that jump they need to take, and that makes me so nervous.

BloFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote