Thread: Proposal: Roberto Luongo to... ANYWHERE!
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Your sources are no different, and any definite claims by a blogger are no different than sources stating that there might be or could be interest.
Nope. My sources are actually pretty good. I have the Isles beat reporter stating unequivocally that the Isles are not having conversations with Nucks.

There have been other reasonable sources too. A few weeks back, there was a column in the VCR Sun about the value of buyouts and the author was clear that the Isles were not interested.

I do trust all that a lot more than chatter on fan enthusiast sites, even with a fanbase as informed as the Nucks have.

Quote:
One internet writer stating there might be difference is wishful thinking by Canuck fans, but one stating there is no interest is somehow 100% credible, and should be taken as some sort of absolute gospel?.
McKenzie stated the next day that he was talking about what he believed COULD happen one day down the road and that there was nothing ongoing at the present time.

The podcast is still up on TSN's site if you would care to have a listen.

And, you still haven't told me what all these "sources" you have are, now that McKenzie is apparently not himself saying anything is happening.

Quote:
There is no wishful thinking on our part as a buyout does not affect Canucks fans in any way, shape or form. There is just as much wishful thinking by fanbases who do not like his contract who repeatedly and ominously state he will be bought out.
I think you still hope that you're going to get nice return for Luongo. In all likelihood, he is going to get bought out or traded in a swap of bad contracts, and you're going to get jack in return. I believe that is why you are clinging to this stuff, with all due respect.

Quote:
We'll see what happens, but it's silly to state anything with absolute certainty. All of us are in the dark at the moment as to Luongo's future.
I will state unequivocally that he will not be an Islander. I will also state unequivocally that there is zero substance to any of that stuff, and it also basically manufactured by Nuck fans and the media.

Feel free to bump this and throw it in my face if I am wrong. I often am....

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 06-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.