View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
He was already flaming out spectacularly as last season wound down. He wasn't going to hit 60 points.

Lowetide and friends are guessing $5.2/year and folks are lining up to tweet "pay the man".

It might be time for me to grab an Eastern team to cheer for if 1-D here gets more than $5M/year. No way that any respectable team would give their 1-D 2C that.
Maybe he would've, maybe he wouldn't...it's conjecture on your part. What's undeniable is what he DID produce in 48 games, which is all I was getting at. With RNH out for the year he was absolutely going to get all the best offensive minutes. Health willing, I think he would've had a good chance to eclipse the 60 point barrier. Again, just my opinion.

That being said, I wouldn't want the Oilers to be paying >5M/yr for him. IMO he's worth 4.75M at most.

It's also worth noting that the Oilers aren't really in a position at this time to be playing hardball when it comes to Gagner, given this team's complete lack of center depth with RNH's injury issues and Horcoff's impending departure.