Old
06-24-2013, 04:56 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by potsiev2 View Post
you do realize guys like mackenzie get there info from scouts... mackenzie has seen some of the TOP guys but he's not out scouting ivan drodeztky in uzbekinstin russia.... most of these sites just gather up scouting reports and videos from around the internet and take educated guesses at what these players could translate into based on size/speed/age/IQ... after watching 22 years of hockey i can judge a player pretty well based on a few small videos around the net and watching a game or two... a good hockey player isn't hard to pick out and most NHL draft boards may be similar but they're all different.... ranking these guys is different for every scout
Yes, which is why he is reliable at least at face value. You don't need to really worry about whether or not he knows who Billy Smith playing at West Regional High School in Bumbledick, Iowa when he ranks him at number 87. But when you have a guy on a hockey blog website, where it is speculative about where he is getting his info from, I am not going to include his rankings in the same category as Button, MacKenzie, ISS, etc. He very well may have the same access as these guys. He may know more than them even. But I don't know who this guy is or what his reputation is, and he isn't writing for a major outlet, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be skeptical of his rankings.