Old
06-24-2013, 06:12 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
Emery, Luongo, Elliott, Halak, Hiller, Miller, Smith and a bunch of other goalies I'd rather not have are what it's come down to, in my opinion. Emery is my no.1 option.

Of course, Bryzgalov is another very viable option for another year. Go with Bryzgalov and Mason for another year and see if Mason can steal the starting role. Bryz would then be bought out next offseason I would HOPE and Mason would earn another contract and then we could get a decent backup from the 2014 UFA class... or if Mason flops we go hard after Halak, Hiller, Miller or somebody similar in terms of ability to be a #1 goaltender.
I really think that keeping Bryz here simply complicates things. In all honesty, and this is highly unlikely, but what do you do if Bryz goes back to his Vezina caliber form? I still think he would be untradeable because of the contract like Luongo, but do you buy him out at that point or ride out his contract? I know it is unlikely so spare me with the "it will never happen he sucks" response, but what do you do in that situation? That is something you have to plan for.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote