View Single Post
Old
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
TOTALLY WRONG AGAIN !

The media have never demanded that players like Rivet, Shutt, or whoever played in Montreal for more than few years learn and speak French. The media are just pointing out that the CAPTAIN of the Canadiens de Montréal, might be able to say few words of French for their FANS, who are in majority, French speaking. THAT'S ALL !

As for Shanahan, nobody would had ask him to speak French, or Russian, or creole... Just play hockey ! Great hockey !
No, I'm RIGHT. Learn how to post decent comments rather than condecending ones saying "YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN". I never mentioned Shutt or Rivet. Why did you totally disregard the players I mentioned. Mike Keane went through the samething. He was blasted in the early 90's for saying he doesn't know how to speak French. One ignorant reporter was unfair to Koivu in a press conference last year as well. Where have you been?

It's not just "asking" a player to speak French that is a deterrant, it's the social aspects when players with kids have to move and send their kids to French school.

If you think these issues don't effect a player's decision then you are naive.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote