View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 10:35 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I know nothing of this Michael Raffl fellow, anyone want to fill me in on him?
Austrian player who played in the 2nd division Swedish league. Has speed and great two way play. Has a good shot but not great (for example someone here who watched him claimed he was able to steal the puck a ton of times while on the pk but couldn't finish). That being said he is more of a playmaker anyway and played on a line with Vanek for team Austria. Was one of Austrias best players against Russia flying around the ice and making great passes where players not named Vanek couldn't finish. Don't know how much of his offense play will translate but Prior said the team thinks he is NHL ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
to me he sounds like Mika Pyorala v2.0

lets hope not
Other than European and can play defensively they aren't much the same at all (Raffl is a better defensive player anyway). Raffl is pretty damn fast and has great playmaking skills. Don't think he will score much though. Also Pyorala played center and wing. Raffl is just a winger.

Like I said in the other thread. Based off of open spots, and the style of play Raffl plays, I think he competes hard for a spot and either makes it or just misses. He is one that would work in Lavy's system.

If he doesn't oh we'll. Took and chance and it didn't work.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote