Old
06-24-2013, 11:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Still to early to say

From Buff deal = Morin should be with Hawks next year and Hayes (1st rounder) is still in NCAA

From Ladd deal = Clendening is in AHL (Was AHL Allstar) ,, He is only hope from that trade

Steeger brought back Stalberg who should be gone now

It was moves like Leddy trade , Frolik trade and drafting guys like Shaw/Saad that rebuilt the Hawks depth
We will see where it goes, I more meant people naming them as contributors to this team. I certainly expected Morin to be up on this team by now, he has been skipped by Saad because of his injuries.

Clendening has some rough edges to his game, but that is to be expected from a first year pro, don't see his offensive game translating near as well as some are now claiming at the NHL level. Has a long way to go on the defensive side of the puck in my opinion.

Got to see a lot of Rockford, they have the right guys up and the right guys down in that organization. The Hayes that is in Rockford impresses me a ton, he should be interesting.

But they have time and they won't likely be asked into steep roles. It was an impressive overhaul, we will see what those future returns net them, but they aren't partying all over Chicago tonight because of what they did in those trades and I still think they could have gotten better pieces, but kind of a moot point, they still won.