View Single Post
Old
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I go by what I see on the ice. We were never great under Torts. We had one good year, in which we looked horrible for the first two months, played well, not great, from around December to early Feb before going downhill the rest of the way (barely beating the 8th and 7th seed before loosing against a MUCh better looking NJD in the conference finals). We shouldn't talk about offense, because we never had any. But let's talk defense. We had almost a handful major breakdowns per period under Torts. We never hit. 1-2 big hits per season. Our players never retaliated, out stars were getting runned. Our PK were downright awful this season save for Hank.

Why should we let Torts coach this team out of the 20 candidates out there maybe? Before coaching us, Torts finnished 30th overall. This year, with three superstar scorers, Hank, great blueline, homegrown depth, torts got us to the 8th spot. IN THE EAST.

Our system was the laughing stock of the league.

I just don't get why he should be our coach next season. So many defends him. I just fail to see the argument.
we finished 8th?

where did Ottawa and the Isles finish then?