View Single Post
Old
06-25-2013, 12:45 AM
JC704

vCash: 500
My old man and uncles all say the 71-72, my older cousins, born in '80, respectively, say the 91-92 was the best. Ratelle's injury played a big part in that '72 season. My cousins also like to say that even though they knew that 91-92 team was "special," they just knew something would go wrong and sure enough, they ran into a loaded Penguins team loaded with future Hall of Famers.

Since I can't speak too much on older teams, I'll just throw a little love for last year's even though I know they aren't as close to those other two. Last year's team doesn't get enough due because of the unnecessary attrition they put themselves through in the postseason, but they came back against the Devils down 3-0 in Game 5 and 2-0 in Game 6. A bounce here and there and they are playing for the cup. Yes, they were outplayed, but they weren't ran off the ice like it felt like the Devils were in Games 1-3 and 6 in the Cup. Last year's team lacked some star power, but was incredibly balanced and there were contributions from secondary guys like Anisimov, Prust, Del Zotto etc. It's not "sexy" to look at, but it got the job done and unfortunately, had its season probably end one round too short.

JC704 is offline   Reply With Quote