View Single Post
Old
06-25-2013, 09:57 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
When you spend a ton of cash to go watch a hockey game in the arena, you kind of want to be entertained while the game isn't going on. The screens are so small and low resolution they are pointless to even have.
I don't care about distractions at the BIP; I want a good feed of the game for those times when you can't see the play directly...for Game 3 of the playoffs I was sitting at the upper level drink rail in the obstructed view seats. I would have been very happy if the scoreboard was clear enough that I wouldn't have missed any of the play when the puck slipped behind the head of the guy in front of me. Likewise, if you sit in the (very expensive) seats in the bottom few rows on either end, it's almost impossible to see what's going on behind the far goal, and a decent scoreboard is a huge help. The current video board is even worse than the difference between watching hockey on SD vs. HDTV. It'd also be nice for replays and seeing what happened on, say, penalties away from the play.

It can also upgrade the X for other events. They could have viewing parties for road playoff games. Not to mention it makes the X a much more attractive concert venue. Easier to upsell bands booking who might otherwise try Roy Wilkins, and gives people a reason to pay a little more than if the same concert had booked the Target Center. This will become increasingly relevant as we see Target Field and TCF Stadium hosting more concerts, and even more so when the Cathedral of the Purple Jesus opens.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote