View Single Post
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think you should take into consideration how the game has evolved. Big oafs do not pass as defenseman anymore as you have to be able to move the puck. Jones does that, and has size. Once he learns how to use it he will be a very good player. If we have a need on the second pair and Jones fills it, so what? Poile can try and find a proven scorer in a trade. If Jones fell to us and our top 4 is set for the next 5 years minimum, we have assets to move in Ellis/Blum/Ekholm that can net us something of value
I understand what you are saying and agree to a point, but a few things.

1 - I wouldn't expect Jones to be playing top 4 next year. Maybe in a few years. You could argue the same for a forward as well of course.
2 - I'll believe it when I see it regarding Poile trading for a proven scorer. He hasn't really done it yet and really doesn't use his assets that well when he has abundances. The only thing that springs to mind was Parent in the Forsberg trade. But that was a deadline rental with the owner selling the team in a few months.

If I'm looking at this draft's top 5, I think of 2006, except 2013's forwards project to be better offensively.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote