View Single Post
Old
06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Sean Couturier's Wingers

Aside from the obvious goalie question, I think this is the other pressing need of the offseason. Surrounding Couturier with the right players (younger, skilled two-way forwards) is of great importance for his personal development and the overall improvement of the team. Couturier is a great, young asset on an ELC. The Flyers need to extract a lot of value out of him to get their roster near its ceiling.

Are those players currently on the roster, or somewhere else in the NHL? Money is not major restraint at the moment.

It's not hard to see some combination Hartnell/Giroux/Voracek and Simmonds/Schenn/Read in your top 6. Or one or two of those top 6 wingers could be replaced with new acquisitions and put with Couturier.

Either way, only 7 out of the Flyers top 9 are solidly in place. Make a wish list that fills in the two blanks for Couturier.

Mason Raymond and Damien Brunner are two forwards I hope to see targeted. I also like the way Matt Read works with Couturier, but that would open up the need for a true top-6 winger to play with Giroux/Schenn.

Simon Gagne is a sentimental choice, but shaky. There are also farm system guys who could be dark-horses, but I'd rather not saddle Couturier with less developed players.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote