View Single Post
Old
10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
There may be no real urgency. But what if Murray (or any other forward, for that matter) can't go tonight? Groin pull, sore neck, hangover, E. Coli in the lettuce, anything can happen. If Dandenault were there, you could always dress your 7th d-man, and put Mathieu at forward. But he's out.

Most of last year, if I'm not mistaken, we went with 14 forwards, dressing 12 per game, a few times 11 (and keeping the other 2 naked, I guess). Now, we're at 12, and no spare on D. I don't think we want to play a 2nd game in 2 nights short a man in the line-up.

As for evaluating Downey, when a guy has to spend the night in hospital, you can count on him being out, at the very least, for a few days. Short-term, no need to evaluate anything, you know he's out.
Hadn't really considered that bolded part, I see what you're getting at now. If worst were to come to worst tonight and we don't call anyone else up, I suppose we could just do what we did at times last year. Double shift Kovalev. Hopefully the extra ice time would wake him up fully and he'd go on a tear for a few games. Of course if it was him that ate the dodgy lettuce, then that would:
A/ throw a spanner in the works for the lines tonight and
B/ pressumably leave Kovalev naked in the press box.

Guess we'll see soon enough what Carbo/Gainey do about the situation. Hopefully it was strategy last night that made Carbo leave Samsonov off the ice in the 3rd, with the thinking that if he saves his energy tuesday, he will have more for wednesday and be better. Although, I suppose there is the slimmest of slim chances I could be wrong about that. Anyways, role on game time, work is starting to drag.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote