View Single Post
Old
06-25-2013, 02:14 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
He always performs in the playoffs, and he stepped it up when the games truly mattered down the stretch, recording a 5 game point streak and scoring big goals in the final 7 games or so. He's a bottom-6 player, any bottom-6 player is inconsistent. He's a much better puck possession player than Tootoo and is great along the wall. Tootoo does...what? Hits players? That's about it. He's not good along the wall, he's not great in front of the net, he's not a proven playoff producer, and he has had a substance abuse problem in the past.

I'll keep the cheaper, bigger, more productive player, thank you.
Pyatt has to first get to the wall in order to be good along the wall.

Tootoo creates turnovers and drives to the net utilizing his speed. He is a MUCH better skater than Pyatt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
This is exactly true. However with that up and down play, he still outpaces Tootoo significantly.

Of course the heart of this debate is how much you value "energy". I do very little.
I guess I am just looking at it as such:

AV wants a defensive line and an energy line. Pyatt fits on neither of them as he is not a good defensive player due to his lack of footspeed, nor is he an effective energy player due to the same as the above.