View Single Post
Old
06-25-2013, 03:07 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
You'd think rational people would be able to say we took our chance at another WS, we missed, and now it's over. So in order to get another chance as soon as possible, we need to sell off some of our bigger contracts while we can, and bring in young major league ready talent. Then we'll have cheap talent coupled with available money to bring in a few big time free agents over the course of the next couple years, and get back to where we were 5 or 6 years ago.

I don't think Ruben is the guy to fix the team, but if management thought he was I don't see why they would fire him because a team of old injured players is not winning. You'd also hope that they would know the state of their team, and that added pressure on their GM to produce immediate gains at the cost of actually fixing the problems would be the worst thing they could do.

It doesn't seem like they do know the state of their team, and that they either think they'll magically be good again next year, or they think they could win a WS this year with the right additions. Which means Ruben has either 1) No pressure to fix the team, or 2) Way too much pressure to somehow win a world series with a bunch of bad or old players.

I want him gone, and I want him gone before he does more damage to the team.
They have the TV deal coming up as well. As much as I hope for a sell off, I don't see it happening.