View Single Post
06-25-2013, 03:39 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
MPS and Burmistrov are the exact opposites from one another. Paajarvi has the build and talent, but has a ten cent brain. Burmistrov doesn't have the build but has the brains and the talent.

Paajarvi's raw tools are salivatory, but I'm not sure he'll be able to put it all together. A change of scenery may do good, but that's a big gamble.

Burmistrov needs a coach that tells him to worry about offense and hit the gym. He's already a good two way player; it was his calling card his draft year.

As far as having a good and long NHL career, if I'm a betting man, I'd go with Burmistrov.

However, when it comes down to it, you have the chance to draft someone that will be better than both MPS and Burmistrov at 7th overall. The difference between 7th overall and 13th overall is massive this year. The top tier of the draft is about 8 players deep, and then there's a drop off. Jones, Drouin, Mackinnon make up the top tier. Barkov, Nichushkin, Monahan, Lindholm, Nurse round out the top 8. From 8 on, you're looking at projects and players with big question marks. The only two guys I'd want at 13 are Shinkaruk and Pulock, but I think they'll be gone before 13.

In the 7th and Paajarvi or 13th and Burmistrov argument, I'd go with the first package, but I'd possibly look to flip Paajarvi next offseason if he doesn't show any signs of breaking out with a new team.
I cant agree on Paajarvi.

He is a good hockey player. Still very young. He got so much more in him than many kids arounds us that most "drools" over.

But he has just not been given a shot. He is not bumping a first overall player, and those kids needs vets too to bring them along.

He is doing alright. Nobody is going to score more on a young team and sheitty minutes/z starts etc.

Burmistrov and Paajarvi are diffrent players. Burmistrov got more upside, not because Paajarvi plays with his head under his arm (if Paajarvi does that, what does Kreider do lol???), but because Burmi is the type who always wants and should have the puck. Burmi skates well and can pickpocket, but he has clearly been rushed and has yet to put things together.

Both are great pickups for sure. Worth MDZ? Well that can certainly be debated. But both are very good. In the same neighborhood as Kreider for sure.