View Single Post
Old
01-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Well, sure you would, but I look at the salaries (and ages of Peca and Hammer) from the Tampa standpoint and say no way is this feasible.

No offense, but I like Peca about as much as Isles fans like Fredrik Modin.
Was going to put in a disclaimer that I was viewing this simply from a talent perspective (and not salary). Hey, I'm one of those always harping about considering $$$ in deals, can't I once make a fantasy offer myself? :p

Am a bit surprised about your assessment of Peca. To be sure, his salary devalues him, but he is still an asset. BTW, not that I dislike Modin, simply think that some NYI fans vastly overrate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
I am amazed that Trots would think about trading the captain. I see that as a real sticking point IMO. If the Isles are truely trying to win Peca is not the type of player we need to move.
Would think about it Tiki, but would be highly reluctant to move him. I wouldn't have even considered it before as I think his subpar play and the Isles' team woes in November made for a bad time to be looking to deal (low value). The Captain has gotten his game together, and despite his continued lack of scoring, is an important piece of NYI's puzzle.

As long as NYI remains in the playoff hunt, I do not move any core players, unless blown away with an offer, which is very unlikely.

Last edited by Trottier: 01-07-2004 at 03:42 PM.