View Single Post
06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
OK let's see here:

Armia: Won't make the team out of camp. Might be a call-up later in the year IF he's playing well and IF the top 6 has an injury.

Gerbe: Waive him. Let him be a top producer in Rochester.

Grigorenko: Really hoping he can put together a solid 30-35 point rookie season but most importantly we need to see him improve his ability to get involved in puck battles and perform better in them once involved. If his skating, strength, and conditioning haven't improved by camp then he should probably be sent right back to juniors.

Ennis: 60 points. I expect that he's more or less done as a center as far as the ideal plans of the staff go. As much as anything, I hope to see him continue to improve on the forecheck and backcheck. He's a highly competitive guy and his skating + hand-eye coordination allow him to make plays other guys would make with their bodies.

Girgensons: Destined to play much of the season in the AHL. Will probably not get a call-up until the second half of the season. Might be like Foligno where he gets called up late and sticks for various reasons.

Hodgson: Similar production to Ennis. Becomes more solid at faceoffs. Small improvement in skating + confidence/coaching lead to modest progress in defensive play, which is an important step in the right direction.

Larsson: Possibly the first forward call-up. Will possibly stay up once called due to quickly wowing his coach with his ability to compete, smart defensive play, and ability to generate some offense from a bottom 6 role.

Myers: Big bounce-back year. Logs top 2 minutes on the team, puts up 40 points.

McNabb: Will be in a 3-way fight with Pysyk and Ruhwedel for two spots. Even if we bring in another defenseman there's still a chance that there are 2 spots for those 3 guys. All 3 will play on the team due to injury trouble. McNabb will show improvement over his last NHL stint, rather than a reflection of his poor early season play in the AHL last year. If he makes the team he should get some PP time where his shot is an asset and he is a fairly decent passer.

Pysyk: Most likely of the aforementioned 3 to get a spot out of camp and hold it all year. Will probably still get some second unit PP time unless others step up. I honestly don't think it'll take many games before non-Sabres fans on this board sit up and take notice at how solid he can be in any role. Won't be wowing anyone, of course.

Ruhwedel: I have a hard time figuring if he or McNabb are most likely to win a job, but I'm leaning towards McNabb. In either case, Ruhwedel should see plenty of time due to injuries and I'm looking forward to getting a longer look at him, whether in Buffalo or as a top minutes guy in Rochester.

Stafford: If he's here, he will rebound as a goal scorer to the tune of 20-25 goals.

Tropp: A wildcard. Could make the team, could be in Rochester. We'll have to see how his rehab has come along but he could be a very good fit on the big club if his skating is back to form.

Weber: Might fluctuate in minutes but his play will be consistent, reliably physical and gritty. As the season goes on he could find himself on a bottom pairing baby-sitting a youngster then paired with Sekera facing tough competition and back again.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote