View Single Post
Old
06-25-2013, 10:09 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
you are slippery sloping. Do you believe Vigeault is worse than Torts? Since you believe that he is worse than Torts, if he were to coach the Rangers this upcoming season and the one after that, you are saying they would never pass get to the ECF or the 2nd round. Correct?
Incorrect.

I never said Torts was better than Vigneault. I have said that before, here. I have no idea who is better. You have no idea who is better.

My whole point is that no one here has more than a guess as to who is the better coach. Yet, that stops no one from being sure that one is better than the other.

It's the being so sure in either direction that I find funny. Toss in those that throw in made-up specifics , metrics, or percentages, and I find it to be even funnier.

Judging players is one thing. We, as fans can reach conclusions that will be right more often than wrong. We can compare them to other players. There is no way that I know of to conclusively judge a coach against another unless one is horrific. There are very few of those.

There is a reason coaches constantly recycle throughout sports.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote