View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 12:29 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
What do you mean by balance? Do you mean size down the middle? Winning FOs? Winning puck battles? All these things can be accomplished or the impact minimized in other ways, where we don't lose a 23 yo play who already has 258 NHL points.

Add a big high FO% 3C. Hell maybe even Stoll, although I'd prefer Laich. Bring in a big winger like Stalberg, Prospal, or Penner to help RNH and Eberle win more puck battles. If Gagner can't revert to the 48% on the draw he accomplished the last full season, then play him with Hall and let Hall recover free pucks on the 55% of draws that Gagner loses. Remember the Hawks just won the cup and apart from Toews who was 53%, none of the other guys who took 180+ draws hit 47.5%. And Chicago isn't a huge bruising team either.

2 Michal Handzus CHI 336 46.4
3 Dave Bolland CHI 200 42.5
4 Marcus Kruger CHI 189 37.6
5 Andrew Shaw CHI 180 47.2

Perhaps FO% isn't the super important stat we think it is.
Its time to stop trying to build around guys to make up for their deficiencies. Weve been doing it or talking about doing it for years. If only we had a third line center Horcoff could concentrate more on offense and wouldnt be so worn out. If only we could find someone to play with Hemsky he would realize his potential etc etc.

Enough.

Its time for guys to pull their own weight around here and if they cant, then they shouldnt be paid like they can.