View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 12:44 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
This Gagner talk is starting to dominate this thread. I will move it to the Gagner thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
And you expect teams to be lining up to take Gagner and his long term 5M contract later on? another 49pt season and he will be a worse bargain than Horcoff \ Luongo.
Probably too harsh on him but I just dont see Gagner as a 4M player.
Worst case scenario, you are right and we have to retain 1M to get his cap hit down to 4M. Best case scenario, I am right and Gagner flirts with 65 points playing between our two most offensive players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not sure why you'd put Nuge in a mostly shut down role and give Gagner our 2 most explosive wingers? If we're going power vs. power then Hall needs to be with RNH and Gagner gets either Nail or Eberle and our 2nd best LW, his job is to produce offense in a secondary role, that's what he'd get paid the big bucks to do so giving him possibly our 2 best wingers would be defeating the purpose of what Gagner is good at unless you think that Gagner is a better offensive center than RNH?
I think RNH is smart enough and has good enough vision to make those he plays with better. Eberle, with his laser shot and lightning hands, can make short work of defenses when RNH drops the puck on his stick and he's got a couple of steps in each direction. Giving that pair a big winger to help with puck battles and cash in on goalmouth scrambles created by the other two seems like a good way to maximize the potential of the line.

The other top 6 line works through the Hall engine. Gagner's passing can feed him the puck. Hall creates the chaos, Yakupov cashes in.