View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 02:36 AM
PAZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
This isn't true either.

Unless Jones plays really poorly again next year we don't need any other forwards.

If Jones plays poorly then yes we could use another goal scoring Winger.

But if he plays to his abilities we have Jones, Landy, PAP, McGinn who are all capable of scoring 20-25 goals.

Add Mack to the fold and we have a good group of goal scorers.

We don't need to pick up anymore forwards once we take Mackinnon. All we need is for our guys to continue developing like they have and we'll have a incredibly strong offense in a few years.
Don't like that logic. I don't mind picking the defenseman over the forward if they're equal on the list, but if theres a forward that's BPA they should take them. Gives a stronger farm team and system, and a winning environment always helps. Who know's what our forwards will look like in 4 years times.

Duchene, Landeskog, and Mackinnon (if drafted) are the only ones I would guarantee that are still on the team in 4 years.

On a sidenote, these would be the lines i'd like to see for next year:

Mcginn - Duchene- PAP
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
Stastny - Mackinnon - Jones

Top two lines are set and have shown chemistry together. Third line is the question mark, but I don't see why Mackinnon + Staz won't work out. If Jones falters, we have Sgarbossa/Hishon to call up which would gel nicely with that line as well, hell even Pajamas wouldn't look half bad there.

Last edited by PAZ: 06-26-2013 at 02:43 AM.