View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Malone would have to list 12 teams that he'd be okay being traded to and you know Phoenix's situation of course, but if PHX is able to re-sign his buddy Mike Smith, maybe he would.

As for the offer itself, I don't think Malone + 3rd for Klesla is fair value for a hockey trade. Malone for Klesla straight up would be more along the right lines. I'm also a bit rusty on the Lightning lineup itself, but I don't see where Rusty would fit in.
True, but Friedman's report stated that Yzerman would incentivize moving Malone by offering a pick. Obviously trying to ascertain what kind of pick it will be. :-)

From my previous convos with you guys, the Bolts need a physical stay-at-home defenseman, and Klesla fits that bill (and can also be effective on the right despite being an LHD). Not exactly the most durable guy (though he's a little better in that regard than Malone over the past few years), but Klesla is still very reliable on the PK and in shutdown situations, while also having underrated offensive acumen.

EDIT: Bolts don't even have a 3rd or a 4th this year. How about Klesla + PHX 2013 2nd for Malone + TBL 2013 2nd?

Last edited by IPreferPi: 06-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.