View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
You don't see that list as odd to you? Callahan. Gaborik. Nash. All RWers. Does it have to do with the fact that his centers were rotated like crazy? Where are the other LWers? Oh wait, they all rotated like crazy too. Between injuries, the massive trade and the countless promotions/demotions that occurred in just 48 games, that list includes the only forwards who consistently played on the team. Coincidence?
It's not like Callahan is the only player who had to deal with player rotations, or teams had to deal with injuries or trades(which Jagr and Iginla were involved in).

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
You're on the right track.

The break down on their TOI/GP (ES/SH/PP/Total):
Callahan 15:44 2:33 3:12 21:30
Jagr 16:13 0:00 2:13 18:26
Iginla 13:44 0:00 3:55 17:40

I agree with the point you're making, but you shan't be stretching the facts.
Refer to my post to CaliDubiZib:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Even if you fully negate Callahan's PK TOI, he still averages more overall minutes than Jagr and Iginla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
So your knock on him is that he plays all situations? You realize he has to pay ES, PP, and PK to match the TOI numbers of those players you listed right? Those guys play top line minutes and first unit PP.

So what's the issue again? He is a good all around player? GASP!
Is he a good enough all around player to be freaking 4th in TOI/PG amongst forwards? Hell no! That's a reason why the Rangers were struggling a lot this season! The misuse of a player like Callahan well beyond his capabilities! You don't see comparable players like Mike Richards or TJ Oshie even average those many minutes. I am suggesting to get Jagr or Iginla to lessen his workload offensively and establish him as a 3rd line grinder in a PK role and secondary PP minutes.

Last edited by Kershaw: 06-26-2013 at 12:53 PM.