View Single Post
06-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Chairman Wang
vCash: 500
To me the best scenario for everyone regarding DiPietro is if the Isles can find a team that has a multitude of shorter term but high priced contracts that equal or exceed Dipietro's. Here is something that I posted on the trade boards:

I'm really not up to date where these Leaf players stand in regards to their value. I have often seen posts by Leaf fans looking to unload the following players for peanuts. If indeed the Leafs were willing to just buyout the following players... what about the following scenario as a last result?

cap hit (5.5m x 5yrs = 22m)

cap hit (4.5m x 1yrs = 4.5m)

cap hit (3.875m x 3yrs = 11.625)

Total cap hit = 38.125 (actual salaries are 36.25)

cap hit (4.5m x 7yrs = 31.5) (salary is the same)

Several Leaf fans felt that Grabovski and Liles still had value. So it was a no go. But maybe the Isles can up the ante on assets (Such as swap firsts with toronto). Maybe the leafs can acquire other short-term bad contracts for assets then flip them to the Isles. Such as Heatley from Minnesota and a 2nd round pick for Liles and a 5th. Then include Heatley in a Dipietro trade. Isles likewise would return a 3rd round pick to Toronto. Little by little Toronto would free up cap space and acquire assets. Leafs on that component alone clear Liles salary and get a 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote