View Single Post
Old
01-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
Ok. Well I really appreciate the lesson on how things go here. Thanks alot stanley. Here is a modified rumor for you. I don't know how much better it'll be but i'm trying.

Mike Modano

for

Antero Niitymaki
Michael Handzus

This trade both teams get great playmasking centers and even though Handzus isn't as good as Modano, Nittymaki provides a highly rated goalie prospect to replace their backup goalie, Mike Smith (i think thats his name) that they brought up from their AHL to step in for Tugnutt. I'm sorry if its worse then my first idea. Just trying to improve.

The problem really is that Modano is the face of Dallas hockey so they need more than fair value from a PR standpoint. Also they have 4 legit goalie prospects (Cash, Smith, Ellis and Stephan ) so they really need a near ready d-man or winger. Again the value is hard to measure. It is like trading Yzerman or MacInnis or anyone. Just as Blake or Bourque were traded it can happen but I would think you would have to get a young Star(Hossa, havlat, Gaborik, Zetterberg?) in eturn for Dallas to really consider a deal.