View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He was a good PP player on bad PP teams. I think Nash acquisition makes it somewhat redundant. Nash can't really work the half-wall well and is better suited in front of the net IMO. Callahan also occupies that role, so it's sort of a problem. Both Jagr and Iginla's bread and butter are working the half-wall on the right side.

Edit: I remember when Darcy Tucker and Glen Metropolit had an absurd amount of PP goals with tap-ins in front of the net.
It's only a problem because you're trying to create the problem. You're moving two guys out of their natural PP position just so you can try and justify adding Jagr or Iginla to reduce Callahan's PP and ES time. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Callahan is a very effective net-front presence. His production is evidence of that. The "good on a bad PP" excuse is just fluff that has no real meaning. He tied for 4th in the NHL in PP goals because our PP was bad? How do you even begin to conjure up such backwards logic?

I remember statistical anomalies too, but that doesn't mean they're remotely relevant to the point at hand.