View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Ballard certainly jumps way up the list of potential candidates to benefit for Tortorella being here, if he ends up staying.

An aggressive, shot-blocking d-man with real bite and nastiness to his game and the puck carrying ability to move the puck up ice himself while the forwards are writhing around on the ice deep in their own end after blocking shots, sounds like a really good fit for Tortorella's lineup.

I really don't understand the Edler thing though. I just don't see it. Unless you believe that what Edler really needs, is someone to yell at him and bench him every time he makes a mistake (he makes lots btw), to completely destroy his fragile confidence. For my money, i'd wager Edler needs someone more 'Paul Maclean' who has patience and gives plenty of leash, but also communicates effectively in correcting mistakes when they happen, rather than a 'John Tortorella' who tells him he sucks and screws up to much, then staples him to the bench, bouncing him between big minutes and no minutes, with no middleground.

The only positive i can see, is if the Tortorella 'attitude' really does rub off on a player like Edler and we see him foster that 'mean streak' we've always wanted to see from Edler but never really witnessed outside of the odd flash here and there.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote