View Single Post
Old
06-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
The Rangers PP is a disaster and Rick Nash has lackluster PP production relative to ES production. A lot of that probably has to do with forcing him to work the half-wall on the PP when he showed no resemblance of confidence in that area. I feel with his size and hands in tight, is a much more valuable asset to work in front of the net. Jagr and Iginla have been elite PP producers for the majority of their careers working in the spot Nash was being placed at. It is an improvement in slotting Nash over Callahan in front of the net and replacing Nash's half-wall presence with Jagr or Iginla.
Typical Rangers mentality. Build a roster based on what a player used to be capable of, not what they're currently capable of. Both players had mediocre PP production this season, but somehow they're going to come in and vastly improve our "disaster" of a PP because it allows us to move a player out of a position where he has proven to have success.

Quote:
Ryan Callahan racking up PP goals on bad offensive/bad PP teams does not convince me he is an elite PP producer. He would not be getting the same opportunities on deeper rosters, hence the comparison with Tucker and Metropolit.
Well, when you choose to ignore hard facts and deal in hypotheticals, I imagine it's difficult to be convinced of anything.