06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
vancityluongo
Twin Benning

vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No Sedins????.
I vote Henrik Sedin.

Tortorella is a coach that was advocated for by the veterans of this team, and he was brought in for the veterans of the team.

As captain of a team looking to really change it's image both on and off the ice, Henrik is going to have to re-define himself in many ways, that process with start with Tortorella. One way where I really hope that we'll see a difference between AV and Tortorella is the relationship between the coach and the leadership core. Daniel, Kesler, Hamhuis, Schneider, etc. all fit into this category.

If the Canucks wanted to see Zach Kassian or Chris Tanev being helped out the most, they would've hired Dallas Eakins. Instead they hired the most veteran guy to get the most out of the veterans.

If Torts can effectively get Henrik to kill penalties, block shots, and provide all the other intangibles that people have been screaming for over the past decade, while being able to somehow keep his offensive numbers at a close to PPG pace, then I don't think there is a bigger effect a coach could possibly have on this team.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote