View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 09:11 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
The thing is, I'm not a huge Sather fan. But I acknowledge that he became a good GM again, and helped make the Rangers relevant again. I dont blame GMs when teams lose in the postseason. It's the GM's job to build a team to get to the postseason and get there often. He's done that as good as anyone in the last 8 seasons.

Look at the team Shero assembled for Bylsma. Once you hit the playoffs, it's on the players and coaches.

The playoffs are too short a sample. If a team a GM assembles wins 50 games, then he's done his job. The Rangers didnt lose to the Devils because Ryan Carter outplayed Mike Rupp. They lost because Brodeur outplayed Lundqvist, and Deboer outcoached Torts.

Whatever happens, Sather has set the conditions for any new GM to keep the franchise competitive and challenge. The Rangers are young, relatively healthy and have depth where it matters. Fixing the bottom pair and the 4th line is hit or miss.

I really dont care about 2000-2004. Has nothing to do with the current state of the team. If you want to attribute no SCF appearance because he drafted Jessiman and Sanguinetti instead of Richards and Giroux, then be my guest. You would think the Lundqvist, Staal, Callahan and Stepan selections would put that BS to bed.

How many Sather threads is this where people complain and complain yet offer no solution outside of removing him.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote