View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 10:51 AM
leftwinger37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Fingers crossed that this doesn't turn into another debate on freedom of choice again...
Haha, there's no stopping it! Let me fire it up: "Your personal preference is wrong and mine is right!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7r4n View Post
Basically, any stories that would sway me from my change or vice versa? Any stories that would make me want to change even more!
If you're looking to be swayed away from switching, you probably shouldn't do it; You don't have to dig too hard on this forum to find horror stories. If go out there with a visor and you have reservations about it, it will have a negative effect on your play.

My advice is to gradually try new things to see what you are comfortable with. When I first switched, I got one of the giant, Dany Heatley-style Oakely Aviator visors. I played with that for a season and wanted a little better airflow, so I switched to an Oakley Pro-Modified Aviator; I think Jagr is sporting that one right now. To me that was the best of both worlds, good protection and a streamlined design. After a year or two, I moved to a Oakely Small Straight, which is the one most NHL guys use (Crosby is probably the most notable). That's still where I'm at and I've had a couple of those.

If you try something you don't like, I think most guys on here would agree that lightly used visors are very easy to sell.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote