Old
06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Bryz was allergic to the big save. He basically needed the defense to do his job for him.

I don't see him getting a good enough offer for him to stay in the NHL. So I'm not worried one bit about him coming back to hurt us. Hell, I wish he signed with a team in our division. I would love to see our offense light him up.
Yeah. It was really annoying to constantly see our forwards generate the same scoring chances Bryz was facing, only to have that goalie actually make the damned saves.

Another goalie: Bobrovsky. They play a more defensive system, yes, but they didn't have much great defensive talent. They spent extending amounts of time, sometimes practically whole periods, in their own end because they couldn't get the puck or because they couldn't get it clear. Bob was often tested hard with prime scoring opportunities...the difference is that he actually stood up and bailed out his team to keep them in the game. By comparison, if the puck got stuck in the Flyers zone for an extended period, there was only a small chance Bryz would weather the storm if the opposition started generating good scoring chances.