View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Jisatsu

vCash: 500
I've been wearing a half visor since I was 17 (97'), and I've taken a puck to the face twice and had two sticks to the face. All light contact and no serious damage. No missing teeth and no scars. Earlier this year I got tagged in the mouth by an errant stick. It wasn't serious but it made me consider a cage. I am usually good about avoiding sticks and pucks, but there is always the oh sh** factor.

Just like getting hit with your head down and boarded when turning your back to a player behind the net, you learn quickly what situations to avoid while wearing a visor to reduce injury. My hand almost naturally comes up to my face when I'm near the front of the net and some one is shooting.

If you don't want to deal with the dangers, a visor combo works well if you use good anti fog protection. I used that a couple years before switching to a half visor. Best advice I can give you is play smart hockey, don't scrum it up in the corners as much, and keep the visor clean and use anti fog spray religiously. Keep a micro fiber towel and spray bottle on the bench for games and have fun.

As far as brands go, that's personal preference.

Jisatsu is offline   Reply With Quote