View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 01:59 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcommand View Post
I agree on SM-liigas survival if it's only Jokerit (although as a HIFK fan it would piss me off to see the rivalry die) but my fear is that if Jokerit goes after that clubs like IFK, Tappara, Kärpät etc. will head for that path too. And there simply is not money in Finland to be a meaningful team. So it's either Russian owned teams or yay, Finland's ''best'' teams just became the SaiPa's of the KHL. And the rest of the league withers away and dies or becomes some completely watered down half-mestis league.

And although I might be in the minority I have zero interest seeing SKA, Dynamo or any other team with their euro ''stars'' (or god forbid some Siberian team) over any SM-league team. Decades of tradition possibly thrown away like a disposable commodity.
Putrid. Absolutely putrid.
I want to add that Jokerit (or whatever KHL team) needs farm-team in domestic league. Dont worry, Jokerit can play both KHL and SM-Liiga... HC Lev and Sparta Praha have the same owner , HC Lev playing KHL, Sparta playing czech league (and ET).

The same opinion (destroying domestic league) I read last year when HC Lev Praha joined KHL. What happened? Nothing, only czech clubs get money ("for developing players") from HC Lev for czech players who played in HC Lev - it was a special condition of czech hockey federation to allow HC Lev to play KHL. Finnish fed can make the same condition.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote